Limited availability cider kit at a discounted rate!
Between updating tasting notes on our website, sampling new releases, and popping bottles during our down time - we've been enjoying a LOT of cider lately. It's become a rarity for us to crack open 2nd and 3rd bottles of the same cider these days... but these beauties are an exception to that!
Ciders included in this kit are:
1. Liberty Ciderworks, Brown's Apple (750 mL) - We absolutely love Liberty Ciderworks and this Single-Varietal cider is one of my personal favorites of theirs. The Brown's Apple originates from the UK and is a classic sharp English apple variety. Typically, sharp apples are low tannins and high acid, but these Palouse-grown apples (Go Cougs, IYKYK) lend to a well balanced cider with medium tannins and medium-minus acid. Medium bodied with flavor notes of baked apple, red berries, and juicy stone fruit. You'll perceive a slight bit of sweetness in this dry cider based on the richness of flavor characters and medium bodied mouthfeel. YUM.
2. Wildcraft Cider Works, Wild-Seeded Perry (500 mL) - I cannot get enough of this Perry. We bought every last case available the moment we tried our first bottle (allegedly). Made from 100% wild-seeded (invasive seedling trees), this perry is rich in flavors of orange blossom and creme brulee. Lovers of classic English style perry will enjoy the dry, mouth-scraping tannins of this perry.
3. Little Pomona Orchard & Cidery, Table Cider (750 mL) - Those who have had and enjoyed this cider understand why it's one I've popped multiple bottles of recently. Crushable and pairs well with a wide variety of foods. Lightly sparkling fizz, bold fruity aromatics (apple, peach, citrus zest), and a thirst quenching kiss of acidity. Will remind beer lovers of a lambic or gueuze. Typically it's hard to get your hands on Little Pomona ciders here in the US, so enjoy this treat!
4. Dragon's Head Cider, Stoke Red Wild Fermented Cider (750 mL) - We were blessed to be able to attend the Wassail event at Dragon's Head Cidery this season, and despite the variety of exceptional options for ciders to drink that day, I kept coming back for pours of the Stoke Red Wild Ferment. A red-fleshed, bittersharp apple variety that leaves a pink hue and lovely balance of acid and tannins in the glass. Want to know how good this is? I couldn't finish this write-up without pausing to go open another bottle.
5. Whitewood Cider, Apple Tree Folk (500 mL) - A cider you could drink daily and forever find enjoyable. Made with a mix of English, French, and American origin apples (including a couple of my absolute favorite cider varietals in Golden Russet and Ashmead's Kernel). Semi-dry (touch of sweetness) and loads of fresh apple character. Crisp & refreshing.
6. Bauman's Cider, Kingston Black Single-Varietal (750 mL) - A favorite cider apple of many, this KB cider from Bauman's has intense aromatics of banana, citrus zest, and vanilla. Smooth drinking, with banana and pastry dough characters that lend to a sense of slight sweetness. Pillowy mouthfeel. Delicious apple characteristics paired with many of the flavor and aroma notes that I yearn for in a fresh/classic German hefeweizen.
Shipping Cider Available Across U.S.
We are able to ship cider to most, but not all, states.
Shipping prices vary by weight and destination. The bigger the box, the less you pay in shipping on a per-bottle basis. We ship in 1, 3, 4, 6, and 12 unit boxes - order in those quantities for the best shipping value. The size of the box matters as much as the weight, so don't leave empty slots in your bottle box!
Legally, someone 21+ must be present at the time of delivery to sign for the cider. We cannot ship to PO Boxes or AFO/FPO addresses. Re-delivery and returns are the responsibility of the customer.
We don't recommend shipping during periods of extreme weather. If your area has weather of concern, please contact us and we can hold your order.
Cider orders placed anytime Friday through the weekend will ship out on Monday, as will orders placed before Noon PST on Monday. All orders placed Tuesday-Thursday usually ship out within 1-2 business days. We catch up on all orders each Monday and then typically 1-2 additional times during the week.
Expedited shipping is available at an additional cost including overnight or 2nd Day Air delivery. Please contact us to get exact pricing quotes and delivery time options (email@example.com)
Local Pickup (currently Seattle only)
FREE pickup from Makeda & Mingus in the Greenwood/Phinney Ridge neighborhood. No minimum order. We will contact you when your cider is ready for pickup. Address is 153 N 78th St, Seattle, WA 98103. M&M is generally open from 7AM-5PM, all week. Please support this lovely cafe by grabbing yourself a coffee or beverage when picking up your ciders, or join them for one of their Thursday dinners.
We are working to partner with additional businesses throughout the Seattle area as pickup sites. Please contact us if you have any suggestions! We would love to find someone to partner with in West Seattle, and in the Capitol Hill/CD area. We would also like to find a business on the East Side (Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland area).
Local Delivery (Seattle only... East Side soon?)
We offer delivery to your home or office. At checkout, you must select shipping and enter in your address. Then it will give you the options to have your product mailed, or delivered. The note on delivery services will show which upcoming dates are planned for deliveries and the order minimums or fees that apply. Delivery fees are minimal and range from $3-8 for most Seattle neighborhoods. Delivery fees waived on all orders over $150. Please contact us if you need delivery more urgently, or on a specific date.
The more customers we have in a given neighborhood placing orders, the less we'll need to charge for local delivery. We will waive or refund delivery fees if we get enough orders in your neighborhood, so please tell your neighbors about our cider shop! We'll give them a discount on their first order, and you a gift for your support.
Live Somewhere Else in Washington State?
We are open to making periodic drop-offs within a reasonable drive from Seattle. It's only reasonable for us to do so with enough customer orders. Please feel free to spread the word, or if you want to gather a group of friends for a cider drop off, email us, and we'll help coordinate. We'd love to find enough customers to allow for monthly or quarterly cider drop-offs in Pierce and Snohomish counties. Where else? You tell us! firstname.lastname@example.org